Have you ever been annoyed by attempting to get an answer by calling customer service? You know… where you keep on getting a bunch of automated messages and you just want to speak to a REAL person and get your answer!
Have you ever experienced a frustration with your computer where it just decides to freeze in the middle of typing up an important document (and you lose what you were working on!)?
Or maybe it’s that massive amount of spam that you get in your inbox that frustrates you (and no matter what you do to block it … it keeps on coming!)
Yes, all of the above are some of the daily frustrations that I have dealt with. They are minor in the bigger scheme of life, but they sure can be annoying when you are dealing with them in the present moment.
I remember one time when I was following up on an unpaid invoice that I submitted to a big corporate company. On one side of the company, they said that they sent it to Accounts Payable and that it was “out of their hands”. They recommended that I follow up with Accounts Payable. Then I contacted Accounts Payable and they said that they had no record of the invoice and that I would have to send it again. Then, I got different answers from different people as to where to send the invoice. Then, I sent it next day and find out a few days later that if it’s sent next day, it is handled in a different manner and that this will slow the process down. Why didn’t someone tell me that in the first place? Why can’t you get the same answer each time you speak to a different person? I don’t get it. Then, when I was asking to speak to a supervisor, the person put me on hold and I waited and waited and waited and then GOT DISCONNECTED. Sound familiar?
Customer service placing you on hold and then you get disconnected – Argh!!
Here’s how I leverage the Law of Attraction in my favor and as a result manage to keep myself focused, centered and calm when these small frustrations occur:
* I take a deep breath and then blow out all the frustration. This really works for me!
* I ask myself the question “Will this matter 1 year from now?” I always answer “NO”.
That puts things in perspective for me.
* I set my intention ahead of time as to what I would like to happen in the situation.
Always focus on the way you desire it to be.
* I am always polite and professional with any customer service person I deal with because my view is that “you get what you give out”. If you are nasty, you will get nasty back or the results will definitely not turn out in your favor!
* I always back up my computer and save things frequently while I am editing so that I don’t lose too much if my computer decides to do its own thing.
* I remind myself that these are just small frustrations that I can choose to respond differently to and that they do not have much of a meaning in the bigger picture of life.
Ask yourself … “Will this really matter 10 years down the line?”
* I ALWAYS make a conscious decision to pivot to the positive even when what’s in front of me doesn’t look that positive.
* I think about all the things I AM grateful to have in my life and really feel the joy of having those things.
So, next time you are experiencing one of those daily frustrations that feel BIG in the moment, step away from the situation and remind yourself that you have a choice at how you respond to the situation and deliberately choose to pivot to the positive … the Law of Attraction way!